
Oh, and just FYI... At absolutely NO time is it okay to ask a pregnant woman when the baby is due and then, with eyes wide open, say "wow." Let me translate wow - "Good Lord, you still have 3 months left?You are huge!"
Most if not all pregnant women know they are big. Actually, we tend to think we are bigger than we actually are. ("Bigger" also including how much weight we have gained and how big our butts have gotten.) There is no need for anyone else to inform of us this fact. We already know. And even if a woman has great sense of self-worth and self-esteem, she will still have some issues with her body image during pregnany. It is normal.
So if you have nothing positive or nice to say to a pregnant woman concerning the huge watermelon she carries on her waist or the extra-large trunk she now sports on the back side please don't say anything at all.
As you can see, I am worked up. GRRRRR...
4 comments:
YOu look GREAT!!!!!! DOn't worry what others say and enjoy every minute!
I'll second that emotion!! You look great. Just think, atleast right now you don't have to "suck it in" like those of us who are post 3rd baby! Enjoy it while you can :).
You look good!!! People just don't get it!! You know I was questioned while pregnant in David's bridal trying on brides maid shoes ~ you are pulling the cart before the horse aren't you?? Insinuating that I was getting married after I got pregnant!! People will just say anything!!!
My favorite line is WOW you gotten big-- well duh I am growing a life!! or that guy in Target that almost got slapped when I walked by and he said OH MY!!! What I am smaller than your non pregnant wife!!! People need to take heed with the baby making woman!! I agree with Julie enjoy every minute!! I LOVED being pregnant nothing like it!!!
Post a Comment