Friday, August 15, 2008

Bryson's 5 Year Old Checkup

Last month Bryson has his "big" checkup. I call it big because he got his shots for kindergarten (4 shots and 1 fingerprick). I wasn't sure how he would respond or act. Jay came to help watch Jayson because if things got a little hairy, then Jay could take Jayson out of the room. I didn't want Jayson to see Bryson crying.

But lo and behold Bryson did not cry once. Not once. He said "ouch" with each shot and tensed up but he never cried. He actually wanted to watch the whole thing. On the last shot he did a weird "owww owww owww" sound but that was it. He told me afterwards he might have cried if there had been one more shot.

To be honest with you, I was a little disappointed that he didn't seem to need me during the process. Isn't that crazy!?!? Pregnancy hormones I guess and it is just another sign that my baby is getting older and more independent.

Bryson weighed in at 51 lbs (95%) and was 48 inches (97%).





2 comments:

Julie said...

I am glad he is all ready for kindergarten! I can't believe how time flies!

Jamie :) said...

Big Boy Bryson!!! Can you believe our babies are going to Kindergarten! :(