Addison is finally here! I am finally caught up on emails and somewhat settled so I figured it was time to post the birth story and pictures.
I was scheduled to be induced on Tuesday, Nov. 11th. When I get to the hospital I am told my water has already broken and that I am already 5 cm dilated. I was shocked! I had a hunch that my water broke and had a few contractions while we were getting ready but I just brushed it off as false labor. I'd been having false labor pains for 2 weeks already. So it was a surprise to hear I was already half-way there once I got to the hospital.
So the doctor tells me we are no longer inducing labor as I am already in labor. Yipee! Got settled into hospital room at 7:30 am and Addison was born at 2:16 p.m. It was VERY fast compared to the boys.
She was 8 lbs and 13 oz and was 21 inches long. She has blue eyes and light hair like Jayson. Everyone at the hospital commented on her long eyelashes and kept telling us she won the "cutest baby award." Of course I agree but I am a little biased. :)
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Congratulations! She is beautiful! I know you are all so blessed by her presence.
Congratulations! She's just beautiful and I love how excited your boys look to have her!
How wonderful that things went so smoothly! I'm so happy for you!
Melissa
Addison is beautiful! Congrats!! Sounds like a wonderful delivery- good for you! We'll have to get together to have playdates in a few months. I'm scheduled to have Macie on Thursday, so I guess they'll be a little over a week apart. :)
Post a Comment